Friday 22 March 2013

Friday Puzzles #201

It's been a year or so since I posted one of these.  I seem to have something of a penchant for sudoku variants where you alter the grid slightly to enter a smaller subset of digits.  I suppose the thing with this variant in particular is that the star-battle constraint is fairly strong in a 9x9 grid, and especially so when you restrict them to 3x3 boxes.  So, maybe a bit of thought to get started, but nothing too strenuous afterwards.

The rules, dearest reader, in case you've forgotten: 1-8 in each row, column and 3x3 box, with 2 appearing twice in each.  Moreover, the cells containing 2's must not touch either adjacently, or diagonally at a point.  And yes, it'd be more natural to do 1-7 with two stars, but "two" rhymes with "su" and that's more than enough to turn me on.

I'll edit in league updates later, but I must confess it's something of a chore.  Why not help me out and follow all the league updates via the facebook group?

And seeing as I didn't post it last week, let me link you to the week 9 PDF.  I'll edit in the week 10 PDF on Monday, or something.

Enjoy!
    #238 Twodoku – rated medium
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *