Friday 21 August 2009

Friday Puzzles #11

OK, so this week I’ve taken a bit of inspiration from Thomas Snyder and his spin on a small sized Nurikabe puzzle. I think this is only fair, as he seems to have taken inspiration from my Friday puzzles idea; and although the weekly numbering appears to be concurrent, bear in mind I had a gap for a few weeks in June.

Anyhow, instead of localised island and sea grabbing – the mainstay of any Nurikabe solver’s arsenal – he’s created a puzzle which requires a little more global thinking. And he’s made it pretty damn hard in doing so. Which got me thinking about what I could come up with. Now, my effort is arguably a little less polished – but there is a rather delicious twist to this puzzle; a twist that pretty much cracks the puzzle in one (rather than having to slog through this by brute force). This is most definitely a toughie – enjoy!
    #015 Nurikabe – rated hard
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *