Friday 23 July 2010

Friday Puzzles #62

It’s been a while since I’ve done a nurikabe puzzle, although I seem to recall that I always seem to have a bit of a moan about how my nurikabe aren’t quite up to the highest standards. This, as opposed to something like my Masyu puzzles which I believe are as good as anything bar juno. It’s a similar story here – this puzzle has quite a nice “solving flow” to it, but it’s not quite as polished as I think it could be – which is not to say I didn’t give it my best shot! Nevertheless, I think this is a pretty nice idea, and will certainly have you scratching your head for at least a moment.

Interestingly, I’ve seen my traffic drop off a little bit in the last couple of weeks, which coincides with the end of the Warwick term. I’ll be keeping going throughout this summer period, but for now, enjoy!
    #076 Nurikabe – rated hard
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009-10

4 comments:

  1. Yes, there was a bit of head scratching in there. I spotted the idea of how the escape would go pretty quickly, but it took a little longer to realize what that did to the connectedness of the black cells. First time I’ve seen the logic employed in that manner – definitely worthy of praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great “hard” puzzle. I exho all of MellowMelon’s comments as to pattern and delayed breakins. Well-conceived and costructed. Thanks for the fun.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very nice puzzle. A joy to solve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A better reception than I was hopnig for – thanks guys :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *