Friday 8 October 2010

Friday Puzzles #73

I write today at silly o’ clock in the morning as something of a broken man, in terms of writing puzzles anyway. For today’s post, I would have loved nothing more than to share the three “marathon” puzzles I have written for the LMI October Puzzle test, my so-called Nikoli selection. In my judgement, they are 3 of the best puzzles I’ve done so far, and as a threesome they encompass some great design, some excellent solving manoeuvres which will be familiar to long-time readers of this blog, some more that will be novel; sometimes with a highly slick solving feel, other times with some fairly challenging logic, and yet more times where you suddenly notice something really neat that you really weren’t expecting.

However, I can’t very well go and publish them early now, can I?

Instead, I have fallen back on my trusty friend, the 10×10 Masyu, with (almost) twisted symmetry. This is one I made waiting for the rounds to finish at the Times sudoku championship last month – and I was thinking about including this for LMI until I made an even prettier design. So yeah, lazy this week. If it’s any consolation I believe there are very few people – if indeed there are any at all – who do these better than me. Enjoy!
    #090 Masyu – rated easy
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *