Friday 3 February 2012

Friday Puzzles #142

I’ve not done a decent Nurikabe for a while, dearest reader, and nor have I used my favourite Nurikabe pentomino for a while!

In some Terribly Exciting News, this blog also has a nice new presence on facebook. Have a look here, and if you like, sign up for some facebook based prompts. If nothing else, it should inform you more reliably than RSS when I make an actual update as opposed to a place-holder.

So yes, onto the puzzle. Fairly steady progress, but watch your step. Bit of trivia, remove the 4 and 5 clues from the bottom left, stick in a 6 where it ought to go, and you end up with a similar – although I suppose ultimately easier – puzzle. Enjoy!
    #173 Nurikabe – rated medium
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009-12.

2 comments:

  1. That’s two puzzles in a row where I find something I had used before. I know, not plagiarism; just great minds thinking alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I’ve seen something vaguely similar in some of Palmer’s puzzles as well. To be honest I’ve always been quite fond of that sort of thing in nurikabe. As the post was hinting at, I was after something with more symmetry, but I think I preferred to make sure the logic wasn’t short-cutted!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *