Friday 23 November 2012

Friday Puzzles #184

I think I make this round 9 of the WPC.  I think this means that I skipped round 8 as being personally uninspirational, and of course remembering that round 6 was a manipulative optimising team round.  So you won't be getting a puzzle for that round either.

Round 9 was a round of skyscrapers variants, a genre that can be brutally horrible when done wrong, but very pleasing when done right.  With any luck this is a puzzle which isn't totally trivial but still manages to solve nicely enough.  Don't ask me why Toronto comes into the title of this puzzle!  I'm going to push my luck and rate this as medium.  Enjoy!

Rules: (as taken from the WPC instructions)
Place numbers (representing skyscrapers) 1-5 in the grid so that no number is repeated in any row or column.  Each number represents the height of a skyscraper and the higher ones hide the smaller ones behind them.  Numbers outside the grid represent how many skyscrapers are visible from the corresponding direction.  Exactly one cell has to remain empty in each row and column.
    #220 Toronto Skyscrapers – rated medium
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009-12.

1 comment:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *